Anyone lose an E-32?

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
... or want one cheap?

Al - want another boat?

http://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/whats-up-with-the-sunken-boat-off-north-beach/Content?oid=3041749

A fellow Lk Champlain boater commented: "Another example of Vermont's turning a blind eye to those freeloaders who just anchor-and-leave or put in a mooring, (for only the cost of the equipment, no yearly fees). Wouldn't work in NY!."

Over the years the best anchorages on the lake's VT side are getting eaten up with mooring balls as people just drop them in for their weekend use.

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
No more boats

Thanks Tom but no thanks, my better half is fine with having just one boat in the yard. At one time there were three, not counting the dinghy, a 16ft. canoe and two kayaks, which are still here.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
that makes me sad

Never like seeing a boat make an undignified exit. Especially an Ericson.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
You wanna see derelict boats?

Come to Florida!

Since hurricane Ivan rolled through here 10 years ago, there are still boats sunken, hulls washed up on shore and even some near my dock. It's crazy.

There was a 1909 80' steel yacht (formerly owned by Barnum) that was left near my home. It sat there for years before finally sinking. The man who owned it was threatened by the state, EPA, marine patrol and sheriff and he never moved it. They finally locked him up ad the boat hauled by a salvage company.

Thankfully, none that I know of are Ericsons!

(Tom, stop by on your way to Spring training this year). :0