Anyone know if i3DGear has shut down permanently?

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
Anyone in our sailing community familiar with the people who run i3DGear? Visited the website a little while ago looking for a part, and was saddened to see a "closed for business" banner on the main page. Not sure if it's just a seasonal closing, or if they've shut down for good. That place was indispensable for me last summer when I rebuilt the above decks portion of my Authohelm 4000 MKI. They supplied perfectly matched 3D printed parts that I could not find anywhere else, and the autopilot system runs so smoothly because of it. That's a shame if they're finished. https://www.i3dgear.com/

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Doesn't look good for sure. I think if he was closed for the season it would state that. That sucks as I just got a used Mk2 that needs some parts. I bought some Mk1 parts from him last year and also got many tips on getting it "tuned in". AARRRRRGH !

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
Doesn't look good for sure. I think if he was closed for the season it would state that. That sucks as I just got a used Mk2 that needs some parts. I bought some Mk1 parts from him last year and also got many tips on getting it "tuned in". AARRRRRGH !
Damnit. Yeah, I was going to buy a backup part to have before a trip this summer.

peaman

Sustaining Member
Damnit. Yeah, I was going to buy a backup part to have before a trip this summer.
What do you need? I still have the wheel part which I replaced last winter. The rollers and belt, which I had gotten from i3D had been replaced just a few months before that.

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
What do you need? I still have the wheel part which I replaced last winter. The rollers and belt, which I had gotten from i3D had been replaced just a few months before that.
Thanks @peaman. Was going to get some extra spoke clamps for our folding wheel.

peaman

Sustaining Member
I have three spoke clamps with their rubber pads (under the blue tape), and mounting screws. If these fit your needs, I can send them to you

IMG_3354.JPG

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
I have three spoke clamps with their rubber pads (under the blue tape), and mounting screws. If these fit your needs, I can send them to you

View attachment 46298
That is very generous of you @peaman. But before I waste your time, I'd want to make sure they're large enough for my spokes. The stock spoke clamps were not, which is why I needed to order larger ones from i3dgear.