Anchor Locker leak

Peter K

Member II
I have removed the lower portion of the triangle shaped teak veneer that is all the way forward in the v-berth in my 1988 32-200. Anchor locker is leaking and caused rot in this area. Planning to replace the veneer but have a question about the area below the anchor locker since most of the water goes down there as it leaks.

Does anyone know if the cavity below the anchor locker down to the bilge or hull connects with the rest of the bilge. I am now concerned that water that leaks through the actor locker is trapped down there. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Second Star

Member III
On the 28+ the volume fwd of the "collision bulkhead" does communicate with the rest of the bilge. When my anchor locker leaked I found water in my midship bilge.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
32-200 info

Peter,

I just did some work on the same area. I discovered that the leak was coming from the rear pulpit stanchion bases (port and starboard). Removed and rebedded with butyl tape. I also put silicone around the hole in the deck where the bow light wires come through the starboard stanchion base.

I've read threads here where folks were getting leaks from the anchor pan. It is held by sealant and ss screws. There's a bunch of info here on rebedding or even gassing in the anchor locker to eliminate the issue there.

As far as where the water goes, I'm pretty sure it gets into the bilge through the TAGF and/or the bow. When we replaced our entire sole a few years ago, there were limber holes from the vberth area aft.

If if I can help, send me a PM with your phone number and I will call.
Rick