1985 Ericson 32-III For Sale in Massachusetts

Wally Grove

1985 Ericson 32-III with 4'4" draft For Sale In Cotuit, MA. $15,000

Owned since 1993. Well maintained and in very good condition.

Call Wally Grove at 508-428-5082 or 508-280-2833, email wsgrove@gmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_2467.JPG
    IMG_2467.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 265

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
1985 Ericson 32-III for sale

This really is a low price for an 1985 Ericson 32.
This is about what I paid for Discovery (1983 30+)

mjs

Wally Grove

85 Ericson 32-III For Sale

Ok, I'll bite- why so inexpensive? Seems about 10k below low market.

The Celerity has aged better than me. Somehow I got to age 83 and don't move very well. The Celerity is in very good condition. She replaced our Pearson Triton which we sailed for 25 years - keeping the Atomic 4 running was a challenge. We have sailed the Celerity (Ericson 32-III) for 24 years, and I think she will go another 24 with few if any problems. The diesel has a relatively new exhaust riser, heat exchanger, internal water pump, belt and revised alternator bracket. New oil and oil and fuel filters every year and she runs great. Advertised on SailboatListing.com/60531 for $24,500. A number of replies but no lookers. Anxious to sell, but could sail for another year.

Thanks, Wally

Wally Grove

This really is a low price for an 1985 Ericson 32.
This is about what I paid for Discovery (1983 30+)

mjs

I agree, a very good buy. Was asking $24,500 which I think is was a very reasonable price. A number of replies but no lookers.

Thanks, Wally

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Pricing thoughts

Opinions rendered, deposit $.02 please...

But when boat shopping we would generally look askance at any boat advertised "too cheap" a price... figuring that there was something Really substantial that needed repair.

I know that a high asking price can discourage buyers, but kind of believe that a low price might also do that.

A good E-32-3 in my area would/could/should bring 35K or better, depending on upgrades and maintenance done.
Of course the "market" might be laughing at me, too!
:)
Loren

tenders

Innocent Bystander
This is the link to the listing (sailboatlistings.com):

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/60531

The pictures are great, it's obviously a beautiful boat, but I think it needs more description there and/or here. This is the model that got Christian to Hawaii single-handed, right? Mention that, somebody in the northeast is going to want a boat in which they can dream that dream.

(....not....me....must....resist....)

Wally Grove

This is the link to the listing (sailboatlistings.com):

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/60531

The pictures are great, it's obviously a beautiful boat, but I think it needs more description there and/or here. This is the model that got Christian to Hawaii single-handed, right? Mention that, somebody in the northeast is going to want a boat in which they can dream that dream.

(....not....me....must....resist....)

Thanks, it is a great boat. good luck with the atomic 4. Wally

Wally Grove

Opinions rendered, deposit $.02 please...

But when boat shopping we would generally look askance at any boat advertised "too cheap" a price... figuring that there was something Really substantial that needed repair.

I know that a high asking price can discourage buyers, but kind of believe that a low price might also do that.

A good E-32-3 in my area would/could/should bring 35K or better, depending on upgrades and maintenance done.
Of course the "market" might be laughing at me, too!
:)
Loren

Thanks, excellent advice. The $15K price is only on this Ericson yacht forum. Hoping for a sale this summer to someone that is familiar with the Ericson 32-III. My other advertising is at $24,500 which I think is a good price. Wally