Guest viewing is limited

Got Design Questions?

peaman

Sustaining Member
I am not understanding this statement. Semantics, perhaps. The forces from the shrouds are taken directly down to the TAFG by large-diameter SS Navtec rods, and some internal bulkhead connections. (Depending on EY model.)
The deck, while it may have some additional reinforcement, is for the most part structurally neutral with respect to the shrouds. My point is that moving the shrouds outboard will impose lateral loads at the deck level, while in the original configuration, lateral loads are lower in the hull, well below the deck.

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
From a purely performance point of view decreasing the upwind/pointing ability of the boat makes zero sense to me. As others have said it would also take major redesign and structural changes to both the hull and the rig.

TLEO

Student of Life
The 32-3 stays are actually easy to inspect, and giving up the close sheeting angle would be a step backwards in time.
I wanted to thank everyone for their knowledge, It was a crazy blonde question I asked my husband who thought I should ask the group. Not stepping backwards, i guess there are stupid questions.